Want to know what’s hot for Christmas this year? We’ve got the rundown of the most popular gift ideas for kids, him, and her.
Which will be the best toys? Which items should you avoid? Will some of the current trends end up being short lived? Let’s get started!
Best Selling Gifts By Category:
1. The Amazon Kindle Fire could be the hottest tech gadget this Christmas. Starting at just $159 for the basic model and with more advanced models ranging from $199 – $499, your sure to find the right one for that techie on your shopping list. The all new Kindle e-reader is also less expensive in 2012 at only $69 with ads, or $20 more without.
2. If you are shopping for toys, you can find all the hottest toys for 2012 by clicking on the Holiday Toy List banner below. Sorted by gifts for girls, gifts for boys, preschoolers, toddlers…you name it. On this page you’ll also find deals that end every few hours so keep an eye on those to save even more money.
3. Are you looking for Cyber Monday Deals? Try this link - Cyber Monday Deals!
4. If you are getting excited about Black Friday specials, here is the link to be the first in line:
4. What are you searching for this Christmas? Find it all right here…
5. View the Bestsellers in all gift categories here (toys, books, electronics, clothing and more).
Update (12/17/12): We are certainly in the home stretch now and the news for procrastinators (myself included) is that lots of online retailers are now offering FREE SHIPPING on almost anything you are willing to buy today. Today is the offical “free shipping” day but with a full week until Christmas Eve, I expect this offer to contiue for a few more days at many of these stores – even free 1 or 2 day shipping as we near the end of the week. Toys R Us has some great deals as well as Coldwater Creek, Converse, Ebags, Eddie Bower, Joseph A Banks, Land’s End, Sports Authority…the list goes on and on. If you haven’t tried it before, take a look at GottaDeal.com too. They seem to have some of the most popular offers as they come available. Happy Shopping!
Update: Okay, is it just me or is everyone starting the countdown to Christmas? I look up at the calendar and what do you know, we are now inside of 90 days. For some of us (men, you know who I am talking about here) – 3 months until Christmas is a lifetime. For others, things are about to start moving really fast. The stores are full of Halloween costumes and decorations, and the day after that holiday is behind us, the ghosts and witches will be replaced with Thanksgiving Day decor. And what happens the day after Thanksgiving? You got it – Black Friday. Oh my. Are you ready for this?
Update: The traffic here continues to grow, and now people aren’t just browsing – they are buying. 90 days from now we will see shoppers in full-out gift buying mode. Based on early results, I am predicting another big year for the Amazon Kindle and all books and media related to this incredible device. For the time being, please relax and enjoy the remaining weeks of summer. School will be starting for students this month and the next thing you know the seasons will be changing. Also, for those of you planning to buy a camera for Christmas, we will soon launch a camera reviews website to make that process easier.
Update: Sure, Christmas is months away – but guess what. People are already searching for “2012 Christmas Gift Ideas” and Hottest Toys For 2012 Christmas Season. Those are the same people that have their Christmas shopping done before Labor Day! Someone has to jump start the season. I can almost hear the music playing in the mall.
Update: Okay, if you haven’t finished your Christmas shopping by now – don’t worry. Amazon still has you covered. Last Minute Gift Certificates and gift cards can be printed or emailed. They never expire…but get this done today!
Update: Amazon is now running their Top Holiday Deals sale, and with only a few days left to order for Christmas delivery it seems the discounts just keep getting better. Many of the items on this page are listed at more than 50%. Stay warm, shop from home and get free delivery with Amazon’s Super Saver Shipping.
Below are the most wanted (and asked for) toys for Christmas, 2011. We’re betting a couple of these were on your kid’s wish list!
- Cepia’s DaGeDar, $4.99 to $19.99: collectible decorated balls that come with track sets.
- Hasbro’s Beyblade Metal Fusion, $5.99 to $39.99: battling spinning top game.
- Hasbro’s Nerf Vortex Line, $12.99 to $49.99: Foam dart guns.
- iStar Entertainment’s FyrFlyz, $10: yo-yo like toy that glows in the dark.
- Jakks Pacific’s Spy Net Stealth Video Glasses, $39.99: sunglasses that record video.
- LeapFrog’s LeapPad Explorer, $99.99: tablet for tots, with games, e-books and a camera.
- Lego’s Alien Conquest and Ninjago Lines, $3.49 to $119.99: construction sets with alien and ninjas.
- Mattel’s Angry Birds Knock on Wood Game, $16: block game based on the popular smartphone app.
- Mattel’s Fisher-Price Big Action Construction Site, $59.99: construction site play set.
- Mattel’s Hot Wheels Wall Tracks, $29.99: car track set that can attach to walls.
- Mattel’s Monster High Dead Tired Line, $14.49: dolls that are the offspring of different monsters.
- Mega Brands 3D Breakthrough Puzzle, $19.99: 3D jigsaw puzzles.
- MGA’s Lalaloopsy Silly Hair Doll, $34.99: rag-like doll with bendable hair.
- Spin Master’s Logo Board Game, $24.99: board game that tests player’s knowledge of popular brands.
- Spin Master’s Redakai, $5.99 to $19.99: collectible trading-card game.
- Thinkway Toys’ Lazer Stunt Chaser, $39.99: remote-control car that follows a laser.
- Vtech’s Innotab, $79.99: tablet for kids that lets them play games, color and read books.
- WowWee’s Lite Sprites, $19.99: dolls that light up in different colors with the touch of a wand.
Most online retailers are finding ways to keep the discounts and shopping party going long after Cyber Monday has ended. Here is the link to find all of the Cyber Week Sales at Amazon – Cyber Week
** Shop Cyber Monday Sales Here! Stores are already posting CyberMonday deals (on Sunday) so if you missed any items on Black Friday – now you have a second chance. Amazon is once again one of the early leaders and here is the link to all of their previous Cyber Monday specials. Shop Cyber Monday Sales Here!
Amazon’s Black Friday Specials Are Going Fast!
Amazon created a page that includes the best Black Friday Specials everywhere–including deals other stores are planning–so they can meet or beat their prices and bring them to you even earlier. These offers go really fast so don’t feel bad if you miss one…new ones are added throughout the day, every day of the week.
Up Next…CyberMonday specials will be announced soon. Stop back and enjoy your shopping experience.
Christmas 2012: Start planning now! In 2012, Christmas will be on a Tuesday, making it especially easy for families to gather and celebrate the holiday. For some, this might mean a larger than average family dinner and gift exchange, so this site is starting early to help you plan for what exotic new dishes to try at Christmas dinner, what hot toys to buy the kids and what party ideas will keep your relatives and friends in the holiday spirit all season long! Here are our predictions for what will be all the rage come Christmas 2012:
Food: Of course, the traditional favorites will grace many tables; there will be hams, yams and more gingerbread than most of us really need at all the holiday parties. If you want to truly wow your guests or office-mates at the company potluck, though, start searching for recipes on mini-foods (Bite-sized cheese balls and tiny turkey crudités? YUM!) and make sure you buy all organic.
Kid’s toys: The hottest Christmas toys for the past few years have been animated (Tickle Me Elmo) or have been fun new tech gadgets (Nintendo Wii and Rock Band). Expect 2012 to stick to this same trend. We aren’t too sure on the details yet, but the simple rule is: If it moves and makes noise, little kids will love it (though parents may soon tire of hearing that Elmo laugh over and over…and over…), and if it’s a video game that an army of soccer moms would beat you up to have, older kids will absolutely flip.
Grown-up gifts: For the past few years, we’ve seen gifts start to trend to the more technological side of the spectrum. Twenty years ago, all dads got sweaters and golf bags and moms got sweaters and framed pictures of the kiddoes. For Christmas 2012 gift ideas, look again for more techno-gifts, but look for them to do some pretty cool stuff. More cell phones, mp3 players and even cameras will have touch technology (similar to the iPhone), so that will be a hot seller. Anything that is connected to the internet and designed to make life a little easier should be a great gift in ’12.
Parties: For Christmas twenty twelve, keep it simple. Our lives are hectic enough, so wouldn’t a simple bottle of wines among friends be better than a neighborhood holiday blow-out? Pair simple guest lists with simple food and drinks and you’ll find the 2012 holiday season to be one of the most relaxing of all. After all, it’s the one time of year you get to spend time with your loved ones and appreciate all you have.
Luxury Gifts: Remember the Lexus commercials they run around Christmas time? Silver luxury cars and SUVs with huge red ribbons – parked in the garage and waiting for Santa to deliver them? Well, if you are sending a gift my way – I will take one of those luxury Hybrid SUV models.